DALLAS, TX – JANUARY 11, 2023 — Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announces that its Dallas, TX, radio station group raised a total of $2,288,467 for DFW Metroplex charities during 2022. The amount raised by Cumulus Dallas and its listeners overtook last year’s fundraising record of $1,767,990 by almost 30%. Cumulus Dallas supported signature community events with other groups to help raise additional millions in charitable donations. Cumulus Media owns and operates six popular radio stations serving DFW, including: 99.5 The Wolf/KPLX-FM; WBAP-AM NewsTalk 820; Sportsradio 96.7FM/1310 AM The Ticket/KTCK-FM; Hot 93.3/KLIF-FM; New Country 96.3/KSCS-FM; KLIF 570 AM.
Dan Bennett, Regional Vice President, Cumulus Media-Dallas/Houston, said: “Serving our Dallas- Fort Worth community with help for charities that really need it has always been our goal. Our staff and listeners combined efforts this past year for a historic amount of money raised of almost $2.3 million. Our staff and listeners deserve all the credit.”
Among the many local non-profit organizations that benefited from successful Cumulus Dallas radio station promotions, radiothons, events, and fund drives in 2022 are:
- Cook Children’s Medical Center/Children’s Miracle Network
- Austin Street Center
- Denton State Supported Living Center
- Special Olympics Texas
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Arts Academy of Dallas
- Charles E. Nash Elementary School of Fort Worth
- Cornerstone Clothes Closet
- The Senior Source
- At Last! Urban Boarding
- Hope Supply Co.
Key community events in 2022 for Cumulus Dallas included:
- New Country 96.3/KSCS-FM and 99.5 The Wolf/KPLX-FM’s Country for the Kids Radiothon on December 8-9, 2022, raised $1,045,469.33 for Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, in just 26 hours.
- WBAP’s Christmas is for Caring Radiothon on December 12-16, 2022, drove $180,213 in donations benefiting the Denton State Supported Living Center serving people with special needs and supporting projects that help improve the quality of life for those at the center. Over 1,000 Christmas presents were also donated during this campaign.
- KTCK The Ticket’s Jub Jam XI, an auction, concert and radiothon led by The Musers’ George Dunham at Gilley’s on August 18, 2022, raised $150,000 for the Senior Source, which serves DFW senior citizens with everything from caregivers to financial services and more.
- KTCK The Ticket’s Craig Miller Swing for Hope Charity Golf Tournament Auction on July 14, 2022, raised $11,000 for Hope Supply Co., which helps meet the needs of high-risk children in Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Led by KTCK The Ticket’s Donovan Lewis, Donovan’s DFW Domino Classic, was held on September 2nd and 3rd, 2022, raised $125,000 for At Last! Urban Boarding, which helps underserved youth elevate their performance in school. The fourth annual domino tournament was supported by on-air auctions, a car raffle, and a special live Twitch stream broadcast.
- KTCK The Ticket’s Drop Your Pants 9 event on September 13, 2022, raised $78,000 in Bob Sturm’s annual effort to raise resources for the Cornerstone Clothes Closet, which helps clothe and provide shower facilities to the homeless.
- Norm Hitzges’ and KTCK The Ticket’s Normathon month-long event from November 28-December 27, 2022, raised $619,456 for the Austin Street Center for the homeless. This year’s 20th annual fundraising campaign included 12 days of on-air auctions, a car raffle, and a full-day broadcast featuring major guests and major auction items. 2022’s Normathon brings Norm’s total raised to $8.9 million raised for the shelter.
- KLIF Kids Radiothon raised $19,000for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Arts Academy in Dallas and Charles E. Nash Elementary School in Fort Worth to make sure every child at these underserved schools has a present for Christmas. For 35 years, AM 570 KLIF has raised the funds needed to purchase Christmas presents for every child at these two area schools. Remaining funds are then donated to the schools, allowing them to continue supporting their students throughout the course of the school year.
- KTCK The Ticket Hosts George Dunham and Craig Miller’s annual Dunham & Miller Open golf tournament raised $40,000 for Special Olympics Texas. The golf tournament was held at Tangle Ridge Golf Course in Grand Prairie, TX, on September 27, 2022.
About Cumulus Media
Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) is an audio-first media company delivering premium content to over a quarter billion people every month — wherever and whenever they want it. Cumulus Media engages listeners with high-quality local programming through 405 owned-and-operated radio stations across 86 markets; delivers nationally-syndicated sports, news, talk, and entertainment programming from iconic brands including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, CNN, the AP, the Academy of Country Music Awards, and many other world-class partners across more than 9,500 affiliated stations through Westwood One, the largest audio network in America; and inspires listeners through the Cumulus Podcast Network, its rapidly growing network of original podcasts that are smart, entertaining and thought-provoking. Cumulus Media provides advertisers with personal connections, local impact and national reach through broadcast and on-demand digital, mobile, social, and voice-activated platforms, as well as integrated digital marketing services, powerful influencers, full-service audio solutions, industry-leading research and insights, and live event experiences. Cumulus Media is the only audio media company to provide marketers with local and national advertising performance guarantees. For more information visit www.cumulusmedia.com.
Contact: Lisa Dollinger, Dollinger Strategic Communication for Cumulus Media, 512.633.4084, firstname.lastname@example.org.