UPDATED RELEASE, 1/7/21 at 4:00pm CST
Cumulus Dallas Radio Stations Raise a Total of $1,743,857 for Local Charities in 2020
DALLAS, TX, January 7, 2021 — CUMULUS MEDIA announces that its Dallas, TX, radio station group raised a total of $1,743,857 for DFW Metroplex charities during 2020. In addition, Cumulus Dallas supported signature community events with other groups to help raise additional millions in charitable donations. CUMULUS MEDIA owns and operates six popular radio stations serving DFW, including: 99.5 The Wolf/KPLX-FM; WBAP-AM NewsTalk 820; Sportsradio 1310 AM/96.7 FM The Ticket; Hot 93.3/KLIF-FM; New Country 96.3/KSCS-FM; KLIF 570 AM.
Among the many local non-profit organizations that benefited from successful Cumulus Dallas radio station promotions, radiothons, events and fund drives in 2020 are:
- Tarrant Area Food Bank
- North Texas Food Bank
- Community Partners of Dallas
- Cook Children’s Medical Center/Children’s Miracle Network
- Austin Street Center
- Denton State Supported Living Center
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Arts Academy of Dallas
- Charles E. Nash Elementary School of Fort Worth
- Special Olympics Texas
- The Senior Source
- At Last Boarding
- Cornerstone Clothes Closet
Key community events in 2020 for Cumulus Dallas included:
- KTCK The Ticket’s Normathon with host Norm Hitzges and Donovan Lewis, who were on-air for 14 consecutive hours and raised $733,000 for the Austin Street Center for the homeless.
- KTCK The Ticket raised $66,500 for The Senior Source through Jub Jam IX, held on August 21, 2020.
- KTCK The Ticket raised $122,000 for At Last Boarding through Donnie’s DFW Domino Classic on September 4-5, 2020.
- KTCK The Ticket’s two-week Drop Your Pants 7 drive in September 2020 raised $106,000 for Cornerstone Clothes Closet.
- KSCS and KPLX’s Country for the Kids Radiothon on December 3-4, 2020, raised $443,757 for Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.
- KLIF auto show host Ed Wallace and the 32nd Annual KLIF’s Kids Toy Drive raised $46,600 from local new car dealers for toys for inner city school children, many of whom live in shelters.
- WBAP’s Christmas is for Caring Radiothon drove over $225,000 in donations benefiting the Denton State Supported Living Center.
- KSCS’s Frontline Food Run gave listeners the opportunity to help those front line medical personnel risking their lives every day throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, providing lunch for hospital staff and feeding more than 1,800 DFW frontline heroes.
- Cumulus Dallas also raised funds to help meet the increased needs of local food banks through Cumulus Media’s Feeding America Emergency Radiothon, which raised more than $500,000 nationwide for Feeding America. KSCS ranked amongst the top 3 in Contributors and Conversion Rates (station delivering people who were more likely to donate).
- Cumulus Dallas was the radio media partner for September’s North Texas Giving Day, which raised more than $58.8 million, benefiting over 3,200 North Texas non-profit organizations.
- Cumulus was the radio media partner for North Texas Giving Tuesday NOW, which raised more than $20.7 million for COVID-19 relief efforts and raising an additional $21.8 million for North Texas non-profits.
Dan Bennett, Regional Vice President, CUMULUS MEDIA-Dallas/Houston, said: “Our Cumulus Dallas staff has always understood our need to serve the community, but especially in 2020 with the pandemic, we saw just how generous our audience is and how committed our staff is to not let down the charities that have come to depend on us. In a year that presented many challenges to our country, radio brought people together to help meet our communities’ most urgent needs in an unprecedented, powerful and healing way. We are grateful to our listeners and advertisers for their incredible support and partnership in 2020.”
About CUMULUS MEDIA
CUMULUS MEDIA (NASDAQ: CMLS) is a leading audio-first media and entertainment company delivering premium content to over a quarter billion people every month — wherever and whenever they want it. CUMULUS MEDIA engages listeners with high-quality local programming through 416 owned-and-operated stations across 86 markets; delivers nationally-syndicated sports, news, talk, and entertainment programming from iconic brands including the NFL, the Masters, the Olympics, the Academy of Country Music Awards, and many other world-class partners across nearly 8,000 affiliated stations through Westwood One, the largest audio network in America; and inspires listeners through its rapidly growing network of original podcasts that are smart, entertaining and thought-provoking. CUMULUS MEDIA provides advertisers with personal connections, local impact and national reach through on-air and on-demand digital, mobile, social, and voice-activated platforms, as well as integrated digital marketing services, powerful influencers, full-service audio solutions, industry-leading research and insights, and live event experiences. CUMULUS MEDIA is the only audio media company to provide marketers with local and national advertising performance guarantees. For more information visit www.cumulusmedia.com.
Contact: Lisa Dollinger, Dollinger Strategic Communication for CUMULUS MEDIA, 512.633.4084, firstname.lastname@example.org.